Online Fantasy sports gaming is skill-based online gaming where based upon the upcoming matches, sports fans can create their own teams online with real-life players. Based on the actual statistical performance of players during the course of the real-life match, these virtual teams garner points and winners are determined accordingly, like in the IPL Fantasy League.
Fantasy gaming in India is on the rise with 100mn users according to Financial Express. According to a study conducted by KPMG, 71% of the respondents play cricket fantasy league. Indian Premier League (IPL) remains the prime sports property in India, both from sporting as well as a fantasy sports point of view. IPL runs their own official IPL Fantasy League.
Apart from the IPL’s official league, Dream 11 had the biggest market share for IPL 2019 Fantasy with 90% in this segment.
To play IPL T20 Fantasy, you need to register here on the official fantasy page, it’s free and easy to sign up. Once you have registered and named your team, you are provided with a budget limit of 100cr. With each player you select for your team, your budget is deducted according to the value of the player you select.
Fantasy IPL has a certain set of rules which you have to keep in mind while building your team.
IPL Fantasy League Rules –
- At least one wicket-keeper with a maximum of two
- At least three batsmen with a maximum of five
- At least one all-rounder with a maximum of three
- At least three bowlers with a maximum of five
- At least one uncapped Indian player
- Maximum of four overseas players
- No more than seven players from one IPL franchise
Here is some interesting IPL Fantasy Trivia for all of you:
1) Did you know the winner of the IPL Fantasy 2019 was ARJUN18886VW with 6148.25 points.
2) The winner of the 2019 IPL Fantasy received autographed memorabilia, IPL final toss coin, Vivo smartphone and ₹30,000 worth Big Bazaar Vouchers.
3) The runner-up of IPL Fantasy 2019 got a Vivo smartphone.